Fuel your mind and body with these smart food choices that help you think fast
and boost your memory.
- Green tea (without a lot of sugar). It is a healthier choice than coffee, because it contains polyphenols that help protect the brain from natural wear and tear. It also elevates your mood. Having a positive attitude and outlook before taking a life-changing test can put you in the right direction towards success.
- Egg yolks. A surefire way to improve your memory is to eat eggs. It has the richest source of choline, a B-vitamin-kind of substance; so whip or scramble those eggs up.
- Salmon, tuna or halibut. We all know that fish is a rich source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which can improve overall brain function, including reasoning, listening, and responding. Taking Omega-3 also helps prevent fatigue. If you are allergic to fish, walnuts, almonds, and flaxseeds are also healthy alternatives. They improve cognitive function as well.
- Dark chocolates. It’s a good source of flavonoids and caffeine, which are substances that help you focus and concentrate while taking the exams.
- Greens. Nutrient-dense veggies like spinach, broccoli, kale, and bok choy are natural brain boosters. They sharpen your memory and your ability to think. You can also opt for healthy yogurts, oats with fresh fruit and raisins, or milk with fresh strawberries and berries. They enhance mental alertness.